Hey, We, Montana! parents—-I need your help! As you know, we are taking an aggressive step forward for the Fall, so it’s forcing me to work both harder and smarter–as they say. If you’re willing, you can help make this easier for me in what may be a surprisingly simple way. It’s about communication. Please take a few minutes to read the following.
When we began in Fall 2018, it was all on Facebook (which leaves a lot to be desired). Now, throughout this year, I’ve been able to get our website ready to go, so that everything can be posted in an easy-to-find place, and that people can subscribe to notifications of new announcements. (It seems to be working well. Please let me know if you have any trouble receiving emails.) I’ll still keep the Facebook Page and the Facebook Groups going—for as long as they seem to be useful—but the *OFFICIAL* channel of communications will come through the website posts and the email notifications of those posts.
So what can you do to help?
Well, I’m hoping we can get pretty keen on the way we communicate. Here’s what I hope we can get really good at:
- Please be sure to sign up for the email notifications for every class that your kids are attending, or that you’re interested in learning about for the future. Even if you’re in the Facebook groups, you still need to get on the email distribution ASAP.
- Please get good at reading the announcements thoroughly. It can take a surprisingly long time and lots of concentration to write an announcement or a detail page. The reason I do that has a lot to do with #3 below.
- It’s simple to query me by email or text or Messenger or Facebook or a phone call—and for most of you, we’re already friends on Facebook—-but there’s just one of me, and there are lots of you. So it’s easy for me to get overwhelmed with communications like that—and that also means it’s easy for them to fall through the cracks, such that you never get a reply.
So please do help by thinking twice before contacting me. I’m sure there’ll be times when contact me is necessary (and you can be the judge of that), but I’m hoping to avoid all the contacts that could have been avoided had the parents simply gone to the website first to find an answer.
Please be sure to familiarize yourself with this website. FYI, you can:
- Scroll through all our announcement posts–back to the beginning of time–by clicking the “Announcements” link in the navigation bar at the top of any page on the website.
- Peruse our Calendar of Events at any time to see what’s in store for any given month of the year.
- Learn about our entire list of course/activity offerings, including course descriptions and schedules under the Courses/Programs link above.
- Sign up for email notifications of any new announcements posted—and do it by category, so that you can get only the notifications you need. (Yes, we’re that sophisticated around here!)
Thank you so much for bearing the load on the communications. This will relieve a lot of pressure from me, and if you should see me enjoying the classroom experience, you can be pretty sure that us all being efficient in communications will have a lot to do with it! The 2019/2020 school year is going to be a stellar year for us!
PS. All this goes for your students, too—particularly those who are getting older and are making use of email and the Internet. The more of them who get trained to operate this way, the better!